It is well acknowledged that the Amex Platinum Credit Card is one of the most renowned credit cards that can be obtained in South Africa. It provides advantages for both traveling and living a more comfortable lifestyle, making it an appealing option for individuals who are looking for such advantages in a single credit card. Cardholders that enroll in the membership rewards program are eligible for discounts and other benefits, such as the chance to earn awards.
When you sign up for an Amex Platinum Credit Card, you are immediately enrolled in the card’s associated rewards program. You will be eligible for savings on activities like traveling and going to the movies thanks to this membership. The reductions on travel stand out as the most beneficial bonuses that members can receive, among the many different benefits that are available.
American Express has formed relationships with a number of different services in order to guarantee that customers who have Platinum credit cards are able to travel economically and in style. You may be eligible for free upgrades to a more luxurious cabin during your flight, as well as an upgraded room at your hotel. In addition to that, you have the ability to accumulate points that may be redeemed for savings on things such as airline tickets, car rentals, and other purchases.
The American Express Platinum Credit Card is a product that distinguishes out as a distinctive option available in South Africa. You will find a comprehensive rundown of the card’s features and the associated fees further down the page.
Analyzing the American Express Platinum Credit Card
The American Express Platinum Credit Card is open to applicants who have a monthly income of R62,500.00 or more. This is one of the qualifying requirements for the card. A monthly service fee of R490 is assessed for the use of the credit card, and cardholders are required to make a minimum monthly payback equal to 5% of the total amount still owed on the card.
A significant interest-free credit period of up to 55 days is offered to cardholders of the American Express Platinum Credit Card. A one-time startup charge in the amount of R180.00 is required prior to opening the credit card account. In addition, cardholders are enrolled in the rewards program at no additional cost and automatically when they use their cards.
Credit card customers have the chance to earn points and receive savings by participating in the rewards program that their cards offer. The following is a detailed explanation of these exclusive deals and awards, as well as some additional advantages:
The American Express Platinum Credit Card offers discounts and perks:
- When applying for a credit card and spending R10,000.00 within the first three months, you will receive 30,000 membership rewards points.
- Includes automatic platinum status with Tsogo Sun, which provides discounts on dining, accommodation, and entertainment.
- When you pay for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Spotify, Showmax, or Audible with your platinum card, you will receive three months of complimentary streaming.
- Includes one complimentary access to premium4 features on Hole19.
- Amex dining discounts for Foodies program. Credit card holders can save up to 20% at thirty upscale dining establishments.
Advantages of the American Express Platinum Credit Card for Travel
- There is no limit to the number of times you can visit the local Bidvest Premier lounges.
- Access to over 1200 lounges in 400 cities across the world.
- Members of the American Express Platinum Credit Card enjoy access to the Centurion Lounge exclusively.
- FastTrack VIP meet and greet services provide worldwide and domestic airport improvements.
- The meet and greet service at FastTrack VIP Airport is 20% off.
- When you book in business class with Etihad Airways, you will enjoy a free upgrade to a first-class cabin as well as a 15% discount.
- When booking airline tickets with a credit card, Emirates gives up to 10% off while Qatar Airways offers up to 20% off.
- There is a concierge service provided.
- Avis provides automobile rental deals all over the world.
Amex Platinum Credit Card Insurance Benefits
- Obtain up to R10 million in coverage on your trip.
- Credit life insurance is an available add-on to the credit card.
Costs of a Platinum Card from Amex Platinum Credit Card in the Year 2023
|Monthly credit facility service fee||R32.00|
|Primary card free||R458.00|
|Additional card fee||Free|
|Once off initiation fee||R180.00|
|Monthly Loyalty linkage fee||Free|
|Once off enrolment fee||Free|
|Withdrawal at Nedbank ATM||R2.50 per R100.00 or part thereof|
|Cash withdrawal at SASWITCH ATM||R12.00 + R2.50 per R100.00 or part thereof|
|Over the counter cash withdrawal fee||R100.00 + R2.50 per R100.00 or part thereof|
|Overseas cash withdrawal fee||R60.00 +R2.5 per R100.00 or part thereof|
|International currency conversion fee||2%|
|Cash deposit at a branch||R100.00 + R2.50 per R100.00 or part thereof|
|Cash deposit at an ATM||R1.50 per R100.00 or part thereof|
|Dishonored payment fee||R35.00|
|Late payment fee||Free|
|Incorrectly disputed transaction local||R165.00|
|Incorrect disputed transaction foreign||R200.00|
|Tracing||Up to R410.00|
|Balance enquiry at a branch||R22.00|
|Enquiry at a Nedbank ATM||Free|
|Enquiry at a SASWITCH ATM||R10.00|
|Lost card replacement fee||Free|
|Face to face card delivery||Free|
|Same day card replacement||R450.00|
|POS balance enquiry||R2.00|
Using a credit card has many benefits.
- complementary travel insurance is provided.
- There are discounts available on airline tickets when booking with Etihad, Qatar Airways, or Fly Emirates.
- There are available hotel discounts.
- There are no fees associated with card replacement or delivery.
- Card swipes are complimentary.
- The membership program is offered at no cost.
- Use of Nedbank’s digital platforms at no cost.
- Access to airport lounges.
- Complimentary valet service.