The BCMM Indigent Registration for Subsidy is available to citizens residing in the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality.
This is essentially a campaign that has been designed to assist with access to subsidised municipal services. In addition to this, challenges with municipal billing and metre reading will be addressed.
40 locations have been identified to benefit from this campaign, driven by Buffalo City, “A City Hard at work”.
According to this Municipality, the subsidy allows for free basic services in the form of electricity or other power options, water, sanitation, rubbish removal and property rates, as prescribed by Council from time to time.
Who can benefit from the BCMM Indigent Registration for Subsidy?
Households with an income equal to or less than R3600 per month, with the account holder staying in the house, stand to benefit. Unemployed individuals and pensioners may also qualify.
The applicants cannot own more than one fixed property.
Before any applications can be processed, residents are encouraged to ensure that they have paid off any money owing to the municipality.
What benefits are offered?
- 6 free kl of water
- 50 free kWh of electricity
- Up to R572.14 discount on other municipal services
How to apply:
Ask for an application form from your nearest municipal office. Ensure that the Ward Councillor signs and submit this along with the necessary supporting documents.
- Proof of ID
- Proof of income, showing that you are earning less than the threshold income of R3600
- Proof of pension or disability grant
- Bank statement for the last 3 months or sworn affidavit confirming that you do not have a bank account
- Bond statement for the last 3 months or sworn affidavit declaring that you do not have a bond
If you are unemployed, provide the following:
- Proof of identification (ID book/card)
- Affidavit confirming that you are unemployed
- Affidavit that you have no other source of income or
- Proof of pension if you are a pensioner
For more information, visit: https://www.buffalocity.gov.za/notice.php?id=fe1b23f