Medical Aid is something that you need to consider for the benefit of your own health and that of your loved ones. Having a medical aid is simply a must because you never know when you might end up in hospital. Accidents happen all the time in South Africa and disease is rampant. When you need chronic medication and regular check-ups from the doctor because of a medical condition; then things will definitely be easier for you if you have a medical aid. Bonitas Medical Aid will give you access to doctor’s consultations and more. When there’s a flu or stomach bug dong the rounds you need not fret when you have Bonitas Medical Aid by your side.
About Bonitas Medical Aid
Bonitas was founded in 1982 with the sole purpose of giving people affordable access to medical health care. The company has enjoyed a good pattern of growth over the years and has more than 65 000 clients signed up to their medical aid plan. The main members of Bonitas are between the ages of 30 and 40 who are professionals that are starting families and growing in their careers. Bonitas understands the strain that come from having a new family and still trying to climb up that corporate ladder which is why the company offers its clients tailor made plans that will suit the new family unit. With Bonitas you have access to over 4 500 doctors who will assist you with general conditions, chronic conditions, maternity, optometry and dentistry.
Bonitas Medical Aid options
- BonComprehensive Plan: Get unlimited private hospital access and benefits inclusive of chronic medication for more than 60 specific ailments.
- BonEssential Plan: Get unlimited medical cover at a public or private hospital inclusive of 27 specific ailments and enjoy maternity consultation advantages.
- BonSave Plan: This plan will get you limited chronic medication for 27 specific conditions and you will also get maternity consultation benefits. This plan comes with an account that you can manage yourself which you can utilize for any expenses developed while hospitalized.
- Standard Plan: This plan consists of a semi-comprehensive cover which will give you unlimited hospital cover as well as cover for 44 chronic conditions, maternity consultations, dentistry and maternity.
There are more options that are available to you through the Bonitas medical aid scheme that you can choose from according to your affordability and needs:
- Primary Plan
- BonCap Plan
- Bonfit Plan
- BonClassic Plan
- Standard Select Plan
When applying for Medical Aid you must remember to provide the following documentation and information:
- South African ID
- Recent Payslip
- 3 Months bank statement
- Proof of residence
- Be 18 years of age or above
- Be permanently employed for 3 months or more
- Have a South African bank account
Medical Aid can be expensive but with the help of Bonitas you can choose a plan that suits your budget. Enjoy the benefits that come with having medical aid so that you can quickly recover from an illness or get the chronic medication that you need as often as you need it.